Ker EquishurePlease contact us in store for product availability and pricing.
EquiShure is a digestive health supplement designed for horses suspected of suffering from or at risk for hindgut acidosis. Encapsulation technology ensures targeted release directly in the hindgut.
|How often should you reorder?|
|Product size||Number of horses||Reorder every|
|1.25 kg||1||3 weeks|
|7.2 kg||2||8 weeks|
|18 kg||5||8 weeks|
Hindgut acidosis is characterized by a drop in pH caused by microbial fermentation of starches and sugars such as fructans and the resulting accumulation of excessive lactic acid in the hindgut.
EquiShure is appropriate for all horses at risk of suffering from subclinical acidosis. At-risk horses often express one or more signs that can derail athletic performance as well as reduce growth or reproductive potential. Signs of subclinical acidosis include decreased feed intake or complete inappetence in severe cases, mild to moderate colic signs of unexplained origin, poor feed efficiency and subsequent weight loss, loss of performance, and development of certain vices such as wood chewing, weaving, and stall walking.
It is important to maintain a stable hindgut environment with EquiShure to encourage proper digestion and absorption of nutrients.
Why should I use EquiShure for my horse?
- Encapsulation technology allows for targeted delivery of sodium bicarbonate to the hindgut and prevents an effect on blood tCO2 levels
- Stabilizes hindgut pH to reduce the risk of hindgut acidosis and associated disorders
- May improve feed efficiency
Recommended for horses
- On high-grain diets or grazing lush pasture
- With inappetence or weight loss
- With unexplainable behavioral problems
- With digestive upsets resulting in loose manure
- Prone to recurrent mild colic or laminitis
- Sport horses under stress of training
How do I use EquiShure?
|Weight of horse||660 lb (300 kg)||1,100 lb (500 kg)||1,320 lb (600 kg)|
|Grain Intake||Forage Source|
Amount of EquiShure per day
|Low – moderate||Mostly hay|
|Low – moderate||Mostly pasture|
|Moderate – high||Mostly hay|
|Moderate – high||Mostly pasture|
Available in 1.25kg, 7.2kg, 18kg and CASE-6×1.25kg